Ecclesiastes 5:18

"...Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8

This is my place to come to help me to 'think on these' wonderful things in my life!

"Even so, I have noticed one thing, at least, that is good. It is good for people to eat, drink, and enjoy their work under the sun during the short life God has given them, and to accept their lot in life." Ecclesiastes 5:18

I am so thankful that I can enjoy the life God has given us with my husband and our children!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

No pics today!

My laptop power cord appears to have been severed, but Doug fixed it! YIPPEE!! He's so awesome! But I purposely didn't take any pics today - because I didn't think I'd be able to upload them!
But I wanted to document some things here, and since Kayleigh is up late and can't sleep, we are on the couch together and I am doing 'library duty'.
The book we have really been enjoying lately is: "The Water Horse" by Dick King-Smith. Illustrated by David Parkins. ISBN 0-517-80026-8 copyright 1990.


We've been reading it aloud, as the children are *thoroughly* enthralled with the Loch Ness Monster right now! We've been doing things that flow naturally with the book, looking up Scotland on the globe, finding out more about it, learning about Lochs and learning the vocabulary from the book a little. It's been great fun for me too! Being Scottish, it's made it extra interesting to us as a family!

The other one we want to read is "The Boggart and the Monster" by Susan Cooper.

We have also been dabbling in reading "The Fish in Room 11" by Heather Dyer.

Why am I posting all this here? Well they are overdue at the library - I have to return them tomorrow and can't reserve them online from our library while I have them checked out...sooo....here's my documentation of what I will need to get from the library sometime later! And I thought there was some homeschoolers out there that just might benefit from our experience.

Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our pet for a while - Lizzie the snail ;)

Chrysalis shaking

I finally got a YouTube account and have been posting our very own videos! If anyone has trouble viewing, please let me know!

First trip out on the boat....

New Painted Lady Butterfly trying out it's wings!